Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Printemps Paris Staub

MI FIFTH WAY RED GRANDFATHER



Q hat peculiar character was the man of angular face, dark circles, little silver hair, tall, erect and graceful. Retired infantry colonel, looking noble and refined manners, Mystical reserved wise and cautious. It was not hard to imagine as a young man, wearing the warrior and the beautiful sword which remained in a closet waiting in vain for the weather back on track ....... or in uniform "Singapore", wearing patent leather and carrying the Colt 45 of the regulatory team.

How different, don Marcos Orellana Veliz, April Don Julio Valdez, in love with a woman who left home one day, left alone, but not homeless, a wife and four children (including my father ), who "Daddy" nursed, educated and loved as if they were their own.

with yearnings expecting a visit from that old man who came home every week and spent his old hand gently on my head and saved a few bucks left in my pocket and planted a story in my imagination.

I can not remember the tone of his voice, nor the words he used in his delightful talk, just remember your picture and love that always received from him. I also remember the hours spent in the waiting room of the Military Hospital, without understanding the silly restriction that, my only eight years, I stopped to kiss goodbye to "Daddy", that great gentleman and honorable man who always I take my fifth grandfather.


0 comments:

Post a Comment