Friday, September 21, 2007

Simple Engagement Rings Winnipeg

PARIAN DEAR LALA


She was a woman so tough and determined that he was still very young dragged her five small children to escape a fate that did not wish for them. I visited when I needed an escape, because she stood next to the hours and time is not passed. It was glamorous, elegant or sophisticated, in fact it was a rough-mannered woman, nothing refined, his dark skin, a tan contrasted with those honey-colored eyes and gypsy expression. Her figure looks thick and heavy, perfectly matched with his loud voice and rough words, if I had not witnessed the portrait yellowish held precariously on the dresser, nobody would have imagined that once was a woman so beautiful.

When I got to see it without fail invited me to his table, chairs mixed and fed me but inevitably with fried eggs, meat or something burned, reheated bread, bad coffee, and maybe a shot of brandy, wine cheap, or rum. I did not care who lived in a slum, or their small apartment in a single environment so bewildering show that disorder. Nor do I care about the dust piled on the sewing machine, forgotten in a corner, had past histories of patches, clothing outside and sleepless nights, or the deck of cards with which, according to me, the lady duped extra pennies earned their neighbors, preaching the good and bad fortune, so one night I found her alone reading the cards, lovingly tried to fake; minutes later in a magical moment, my past, present and future converged on the table without having taken, yet, its ultimate place in space and time: next my "I" of cardboard, a picture of a good woman cried, that of a poor woman laughed, and a beautiful golden woman, wearing on his head the crown of victory. I saw my life reflected among swords, coins, cups and vast, and offered my apologies to that great lady. But respect, that night I started to feel afraid of those old cards.
Lala
My grandmother inherited all his property to my mother and brothers, the rest of his family did not leave anything, except me, because, being the only bidder, got her sweet words, loving glances, cuddling, affection, time and unparalleled English deck. She was the favorite of my four grandparents, and me, the choice of his eleven grandchildren.


0 comments:

Post a Comment